The 5 Questions That'll Help You Discover Your Unique Talent

When someone says to me, “I don't think I have any special talents." I usually say that I don't believe that. I believe you are born with a gift, a certain talent within you that is just waiting to be discovered.

I believe that every one of us is born with a reason, a reason that might bring something unique to the world that nobody else could. You just have to find it, you just have to nurture it, you have to grow it and turn it into something. 

Sometimes I hear people say that they want to be like so and so and I always, always tell them never to wish they were someone else. 

As Ella Wheeler once said, “Never say that you wish your situation were different. There is no partiality in the universe. The whole scheme is well balanced. If you were allowed to change lots with anyone on Earth, you would complain and find fault in a short time."


Try to be the best version of yourself. If you try to be Cristiano Ronaldo, Bill Gates, or Micheal Jackson, you would fail 100% of the time. But you would do a pretty damn good job being like you. Don't try to be like anyone, try to be the first YOU. 

So in this article I'm going to give you 5 questions that you could think about to identify and find your unique talent. 

1- How did you like to spend your time as a child?

Think back when you were growing up, think as far back as you can remember. What did you like to do? What activities did you usually do when you were little? You probably liked to run around, you might have had a favourite sports you liked.

There's a reason why you naturally gravitate towards certain activities and certain tasks and even certain fun things. There are things you find yourself good at you don't even remember ever learning them. Think about that. 

2- What do people compliment you on the most?

Sometimes you're good at something and you don't even think about it. And in whatever you do in life, one of the things you get back from people is feedback. 

I remember a few years ago people would give me feedback about my book and my articles and I would read them and some of them would say, “hey Isa, you're really good man, you're a natural." And then I'll be like, “really? It's that good? I just wrote words down, that's what I did."

I really don't see anything natural about what I did and is still doing. It's just hard work. And after getting enough validations, in a certain way I'll take my time and reorganize everything. 

And then I'll say to myself, “well, perhaps there is something special here that could further develop and practice." And that's pretty much how you get the idea. 

3- What are you naturally good at?
Saying you're good at something and that thing later becomes unconscious competence that we believe and we think that everybody is good at it as well. 


They think, it's so easy for you, it must be easy for everybody. Well, that's simply not true. There's a reason why you're naturally good at something. Maybe it's your DNA, maybe it's the you think about things, or maybe the way you solve them. 

You see things differently from most people. There could be your talent. If I wanna put it another way, I'd say, what do you find very easy that is hard for others? 

4- What activities make you lose track of time?
I know what you're thinking and the answer is No. It cannot be Netflix or video games, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about an activity that adds value to other people's lives.

It has to be an activity that helps other people, it has to be an activity that solves problems for other people because that's where your talent lies. 

5- Who do you want to help?

I believe this is the most important question of all. Who do you want to help? When I wrote my book year ago, the idea was to help anybody who was struggling, help them overcome certain obstacles in life.So who do you want to impact? Who do you want to be there for without actually being there for them?

If you've got nothing that you love as a child, nobody compliments you on anything, there's nothing you're naturally good at, and there's no activity that you engage in that makes you lose track of time, well then we've got a problem.

What this means is that you have been conditioned to be average, you have been conditioned for mediocrity, you have been conditioned in such an environment that talent is not cherished, it's not celebrated, and if that's the case, what do you do?

This is a question that a lot of people ask, so what I'm gonna tell you is, learn the ways of the Stoics. Learn the ways of those who lived long before you and I. 

It is a very powerful self-discovery process that is beyond just reading and taking action. It's amongst the things I learned and it's one of the things that has helped me in life. 

Conclusion

Bryan Tracy once said, “The starting point of maturity is the realization that no one is coming to the rescue. Everything you are, or ever will be, is entirely up to you."

Nobody can help you if you don't help yourself. You can live a life of abundance and adventure, or a life of maintenance, it's really up to you. 


Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments